Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009
Five years ago today I became a Grandma! I was a little nervous when I first found out that I was going to join the ranks of the "grand", but nervousness soon fell away and was replaced by a special kind of love that I did not realize existed. Today my Granddaughter, Maddison turns five. Reflecting back on this last half of a decade, I realize that few joys in the world can equal the joy of having a grandchild.
Maddison and I share many similar interests including: cooking, reading, coloring, playing games and sliding down hay bales (but that is another day, and another story!). I am so fortunate that I get to see Maddie and her ever so funny, brother, Mason several times a week, and at least one full day every weekend. Our newest adventure is going for "nature walks" on our farm. I will share more on that later.
I hope to use this blog to satisfy my craving for the written word. And even if no one ever reads this site, it will be my modern version of a journal. The prospects are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment