Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another cold and dreary day in Missouri! I was out early and there was some precipitation, mostly a biting combination of ice and rain. . . fortunately, it was too warm to stick.
Don't you just love lazy Sundays? I got most of my chores out of the way early today, so this afternoon can be filled with want to's, instead of have to's. On the agenda are baking more cookies, this time oatmeal raisin nut cookies, which are Randy and Josh's favorite. I am having a hard time getting motivated, which is most likely why I am blogging now. I came to the realization today that I am finished shopping. . . if I don't have it by now, it is not going to be bought. That is kind of a nice feeling, but it is also sad, because half of the fun of the holidays are the preparation for them. This year has been fairly easy in terms of knowing what to get for people. I have had some good input, which always helps. I am still holding out on not being one of those people who write a check and leave it at that. I am sure my time is coming to be one of those people, but for now, it is kind of fun to plan, shop, wrap and enjoy the opening of gifts.
I have to work two days this week, and then I will have 5 days off, work two more days and then 5 more days off. I try to let my staff have the time off they want during the holidays, and this year one asked for the week before Christmas off, and one the week after Christmas off. So I am piecing together some days so I can enjoy family.
I guess I had better get to the kitchen. Those cookies aren't baking themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment