Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh DEER

I got a call at 6:30 this morning. Of course a call that time of day always makes ones heart race just a little. It was my husband telling me that on the way to work he had hit not one, but two deer (bucks no less). I could tell by his voice that he was okay, but shaken up. It has been foggy most of the week, and this morning it was hard to see your hand in front of your face. The really good news is that he was not hurt, was driving about 25 mph (on a back country road with no traffic)and the deer actually jumped up and ran away. The bad news is his truck did not fare as well. He has a new F-150 that he is so very proud of. It now has a broken head light, grill and bumper. This makes for one sad man. I think once in awhile things like this happen to remind us that life can be dangerous. Even though the call was not a happy one, it made me (again) stop and count all the blessing in my life. Thank you dear God for looking out after my husband!

2 comments:

  1. TWO deer??...Dang.... glad he's ok! It was SO very foggy yesterday morning! I took a few pics and was just getting ready to blog them! John hit a deer, too, this week...in his big truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God sure made deers sturdy. Almost every deer accident story I hear ends with, the deer jumped up and ran away, but the front of my car didn't fair too well... Glad your husband is safe, cars can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete