Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let's Be Positive

This time of year it is so very easy to be a negative person. The weather is gray, the holidays are over, and resolutions are being tested. It is sad that I have to remind myself to be positive. So here goes my attempt at drawing up the positive and pushing down the negative:

1. I have a job that I love (mostly) that helps pay the bills and allows me to be who I am and do what I love.
2. My family is wonderful. There are bumps in the road, but I have a plethora of people I could call on if I needed help or comfort.
3. My health is good. And believe me, I don't take this for granted. My mother in law died at the age of 45, and my mother at the age of 52 (I am now 53)
4. I live in a house surrounded by nature, in a town without much traffic or major crime and in a state and country where democracy rules.
5. Every day I get the opportunity to "pay it forward" and help other people. Some days I do better at this than others, but I don't have to look very far to find a person in need that can be helped.

Here is what I am pushing down: the forecast (5-7 MORE inches of snow). Wouldn't be so bad except I just got my car out yesterday after it was snowed in for a week! The laundry. I mean, really, does it ever end? And it is just my husband and I! My sedentary lifestyle. . . why, oh why don't I like the Y as much as I do. . . reading, or writing, or TV or shopping, or working, or . . . you get the idea!!! See, when you see it in writing, there is really no comparison. My positive list is so much more impressive that my "push down" list. Thank you and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment