Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Snowing (Again!)

Here is a trivia question for you. When was the last time that our area has had two separate snow storms of 6 or more inches by this time in January? Give up yet? 1993. I think what the weatherman was trying to tell us is that we are in for a unusually harsh winter. As if we couldn't figure that one out on our own!
We are apparently in the heart of the snow storm and they predict that we will have 6 to 8 inches before this storm has passed. It looks like after just 3 days of car freedom, I am going to be hitching rides again for awhile. So, it is back to work at 6 a.m. for me tomorrow. I have lots of work to do, and I don't really mind getting there early. I have two big reports to write and a grant application to complete.
It had just begun snowing as I was driving home tonight. It was a beautiful snow, and I found myself wishing that we could enjoy it during the daylight! If we have to put up with the bad weather, we should at least get to enjoy the beauty of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment