Friday, January 21, 2011


Maddison was goofing around the other day with her hair clips. She wanted me to take a picture of her and she just laughed and laughed at how silly she looked. Some time later we were talking about the color of peoples eyes. She commented that I had blue eyes and brown hair. I told her that I used to have blonde hair, but it just kept getting darker until it turned brown. She seemed surprised at this information. Then I added: Soon, I am going to have your mom lighten my hair so it will be blonde again. She got a serious look on her face, grabbed my neck and hugged me tight. She said: "Don't do that Mimi. . . I want you to stay just the way you are". Wow. . . What can I say? I am rethinking my blonde highlights now!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious child! I hope she can always remember to see the beauty in individuality!

    ReplyDelete