Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2nd, 2011

I finished "The Confession" this morning. It was typical John Grisham of late. Not a page turner, but satisfactory if you like fiction about legal matters. I am starting on Cane River by Laita Tademy. This book was published in 2001, and was an Oprah Book Club selection. A friend who works at the Library recommended it to me.
I am feeling a little lazy today. The plan for this last day of vacation was to get going early and get our grocery shopping done for the week. However, it is almost 11 and I am still not motivated to get out of the house. I am sad that today is the last day of Randy and my 10 day vacation, but mostly I am sad that Josh is on his way back to Alabama. It has been so nice having him around, and seeing his family be united again. Only 63 days and he should be home for good.
It has been a wonderful vacation for us. We have mostly stayed home and had company in. Jim and Joanne were in for a few days from California, and we spent a great deal of time with Josh, Amanda and kids and Jessica and Scott. This time of year means major game play, and we enjoyed Dominoes, Sequence, Fast Track, Feed the Cat (Maddie's new game), and some pictionary. But like all good things, this too must come to an end.
Tomorrow is the first official day of my New Years Resolutions. That means structured eating, exercise, and close attention to frivolous spending. Now you see why I am sad and not motivated today? Actually I am looking forward to getting back into a good routine, and fitting into my jeans again. I will keep posting on the progress of the resolutions and the book! Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment