Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowagedon

What a week this is shaping up to be! A storm of "historic" proportions began last night with freezing rain and sleet. About an hour ago the blowing snow started, with 18 inches forecast before the day is over (East of us up to 30 inches is possible). Then the strong winds and below zero temperatures will set in. Almost everything is shut down, called off or cancelled. This is especially harsh weather for Missouri.
As I type this blog, I am looking at the snow out a large picture window, enjoying a cup of hot tea, and listening to my grandchildren play. Amanda and the kids came out last night because we have better options for heat and emergency power that they do. It will be a fun few days, full of games, cooking and craft projects. The only thing that would make this better is if the rest of the family could be here. Randy left home at 5:30 a.m. and drove 40 mph to work. I am hoping that he can come home before the conditions get so bad that he can't make it. Whatever you are doing today, wherever you go, please be careful. I will try to post pictures if I am brave enough to go outside to get any!
What funny names have you heard for this "event"? SNOWMO?, The Great Siege? Maddison just came in the room and said "The snow is flusshing at the window." Sounds like a good description to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment