Friday, February 25, 2011

The Record is Stuck!

This has been a winter of repeats. Unfortunately, what keeps repeating is the not so great weather, aka SNOW! We had 6 - 10 inches of wet, fluffy snow yesterday. So, here I am at home again. I could have ridden in with Randy, but since I only work 1/2 day on Friday, I could have been stuck there for 11 to 12 hours. What to do today? I have determined that possibly the only advantage to missing all of this work this winter is that my house is much cleaner than normal. Already this morning I have shaken out rugs, cleaned bathrooms, swept, straightened and finished laundry. And it isn't even 9 a.m. yet. I have always believed in the philosophy that work comes before play, so I have been avoiding my newest book (Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter) and have not turned on the television. How, you may ask, am I rationalizing blogging and not dusting? Well, I decided to pay a few bills (via computer), and since I was already here, I thought I would blog just to save some time. (Anyone buy that explanation?)
It is going to be a great weekend. We found out last night that Josh will get to come home a week early. He should be home by tomorrow night. I will be so happy to have him back with his family (all of us!). We are planning a family meal on Sunday. This time, there won't be the thought of having to go back on his mind. Amanda and Josh are keeping his early homecoming a surprise from the kids. I can't wait to see their faces when he gets here. That should make the whole 8 months worth it! Stay tuned for more updates on the homecoming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment