Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book Update

I recently finished Tomato Red. This is a small book by the author of Winter's Bones. I was interested in reading this book because the author is a native Missourian and writes about life in the Ozark area of Missouri. I enjoyed the book and found its characters much like some people I know of in our area. It tells a story from the point of view of people living in the cycle of poverty.
The next book I recently finished was Someone Else's Child. This book reminded me of some of Jodi Picoult's books that I have read. I could not put it down. It features a Christian family that home school their children. A terrible accident happens one night and the story revolves around the impact this accident has on a variety of lives in a small Connecticut town. I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to others.
Just an interesting note: Three of the last 4 books I have read take place in Connecticut. Seens unusual to me. The location is the only common thread that they seem to have (Goodnight Nobody, Someone Else's Child and the one I am currently reading: Strangers at the Feast). Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment