Monday, September 12, 2011

Salem Willows

I think that I may have found my new "Happy Place". Since we arrived in Boston a few days early, we decided to explore the area. We ended u up inSalem, Ma. I thought we might tour some of the area museums. While researching the town on the Internet, I happened upon some reviews on a park area called Salem Willows. It sounded so wonderful that I suggested we stop by. When we got there, the place was mostly empty. The first thing I noticed was huge, beautiful willow trees, lots of them. We decided to take a stroll around. It was a cool, breezy day with a bright sun shining. We stopped at a park bench overlooking the ocean and watched sail boats and small yachts go by. On the pier in front of us a family was fishing, behind us a family was setting up a small shelter house for a birthday party. The sun was sparkling off the water. I could have stayed there all day. It was an amazing place, made even better by the perfect weather. I will long remember this place as one of my favorite spots in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment