Friday, September 23, 2011

Grandparents Day




I was honored to be invited to the 1st graders Grandparents Day at Maddie's school. After a rather unusual breakfast of sausage pizza, applesauce and milk, we visited the book fair. Maddison selected 2 books for herself (one about dolphins, one about ponys) and a book for her brother. Each teacher had a "wish" list of books they would like to have for their classroom. We picked out "The Interrupting Chicken". This is a great new book that I would recommend to anyone with young children. Maddison presented the book to her teacher, Miss Johnson (is it my imagination, or are teachers getting younger every year?) Last year I blogged about Maddison letting me hold her hand at school. I wondered how long that would last. Fortunately, she led me through the school halls holding my hand again this year. I remember well when my kids no longer wanted to be seen holding their mom's hand. A sad day, but of course a normal part of development. I am going cherish all the hand holding moments I have with Maddie and Mason. I hope there will be many, many more!




No comments:

Post a Comment