Thursday, September 30, 2010

Have you even agreed to do something that at the time seems like a great idea and then when you get there you dread it? I seem to do that more and more. I think it is mostly because I am in a rut. After a 9 hour day at work, I just want to come home and relax. But anything extra I do in my life is usually done after work. To be perfectly honest, though, I spend more time dreading after work activities than actually doing them. Jessica and I are doing a program together tonight at a county school. While I love doing these programs, it certainly makes for a long day. And to top it off, I have an all day training at work, so it will be a lot of confined time and energy. I guess age has something to do with this feeling. We used to have activities all the time when the kids were in school. We went to hundreds of football and baseball games, wrestling meets, musicals, concerts and plays. Looking back, I wonder how we managed. I think it is the little thing I like to call "automatic pilot". I put myself in this mode when I have lots to do. I just hit go, and try not to think about it. That may be the only way I am going to get through the day today. Of course a sore throat and waking up at 3:30 a.m. will not help. But by this time tomorrow, the day will have been spent, and I will be glad to have accomplished something. So, I am now putting myself on cruise and going for it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment