Friday, May 13, 2011

Technology

We got a new "toy" this week. It is a high tech thing-a-ma-bob. I am equally as thrilled about it as I am afraid of it. The only directions that came with it were a tiny paper with instructions on how to turn it on, and a web site for more instructions. Today I shopped for accessories for it. . . wow. . . little did I know that the initial cost was just the beginning of the expense! I am sure that it will be wonderful. I am sure that I will someday wonder how I managed to live half a century without one of these gadgets. But for now, I am a bit leary and excited, and just worn out with trying to figure out everything that it will do. Geeze, who know that progress could be such an exhausting thing?

2 comments:

  1. No, we bought a iPad 2. Wow, it is equally amazing and terrifying, especially for two people who don't know what they are doing (that would be us!)

    ReplyDelete