Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Prevention

Prevention is in high gear this week in my life. Or maybe I should say early detection? Yesterday I went for my annual mammogram. I must say that the experience has gotten less grueling over the years. It is almost pain free, and the staff treated me so well. I was told that since I am in a high risk category, I should talk to my doctor about having a breast MRI done in 6 months. And the really fun test, a colonoscopy, is scheduled for Friday. Tomorrow begins my fun day of preparation for that little event. This will be my second go around with a colonoscopy. The first one wasn't nearly as bad as I predicted it would be. And with a good friend having recently been diagnosed with colon cancer, I will glady brave the test to help with the prevention. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment