Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sleepless Nights

Don't you hate it when you can't sleep at night? I have these times when I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep, no matter what I do, or how hard I try. Tonight is one of those nights. I have a bit of a cold/allergy/sinus thing going on this week. To top it off, it has been a much more stressful than normal week. I woke up at 2 a.m. and my mind started racing and the worrying began. I tossed and turned and looked at the clock. Then I tossed and turned some more. I finally gave in to the restlessness and got up. It will take me an hour or so to work through this worry before I will be able to go back to sleep. Of course that is going to make tomorrow a very long and exhausting day. Oh how I long for the days of youth when I slept like a log and never worried about so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment