Friday, July 23, 2010

What a week this has been. I am not sure why, but nothing has seemed quite normal this week. Amanda started school and seems to be doing very well. Jessica and Scott are getting settled back into their house and have experienced some unfortunate obstacles (computer hard drive went out, lawn mower being difficult, dryer not working well). I think Josh being gone has upset the balance and routine that we have been in. We picked the grands up from the keeper today and took them to Columbia with us. We had a little shopping to do. We had a wonderful time and spent a lot of it laughing with them (and a little at them, too). Maddison has decided to be Aunt Bea's little Speech Therapist apprentice. She has been working with Mason to get him to pronounce his words better. It is so funny to hear her "teach" him how to say words. She actually had a great deal of success today (according to Amanda) getting him to say "boy". She was very proud that he could say it correctly and so was he. Here is what she was doing:
"Mason, say boy. . . Ba -ouy-yee. And sure enough he did. I am not sure how he said it before. . . but no one (except Maddie) knew what he meant. She is the one I always call on when I can't understand what he is saying. The other night we were snuggling in bed with a movie and a bowl of popcorn. Mason kept flouncing around. I finally said, "What is the matter, Mason?" He said, "I no bumbled". Hmmmm. . . . I was clueless. So, I started playing 20 questions; You need a pillow?, You need covers? Are you thirsty. . . and on and on. Finally, tiring of this game, Maddison looked over at me (like I was a completely incompetent MiMI) and said, HE CAN'T GET COMFORTABLE". Oh, well, okay, then! So we rearranged and he was fine. Mason just turned 3 and really has an outstanding vocabulary, but he has a difficult time with pronunciation (it seems like the beginning letters are the worse). I know this is wrong, but it is so cute how he talks, I almost hate to see him leave his little "Masonisms" behind. Just another part of growing up I guess.
Tomorrow the grands will be coming to see us early. This will be Amanda's first Saturday at the "shop". I am sure we will be in for some more adventures and laughs. Never a dull moment when you have a 3 and a 5 year old spend the day with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment