Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day two of Josh in Alabama. We heard from Josh last night, and he sounded good. The trip went without a hitch and he was settled into his hotel room. He said that some of his fellow travelers were not too happy with the accomodations. It will be a long 6 months if the conditions aren't good. Several of them were going out to eat together, and then had to report to work at 9 a.m. today. He told me that work was about a mile away from his hotel.
Amanda decided to stay home with the kids last night instead of coming to supper. I totally understand why she decided to do this. She was tired, and emotionally drained. The kids had a blast in their new sandbox, and didn't want to even come inside. I am so glad that Josh and Amanda got that finished before he left. Mason and Maddie will get a lot of good out of that sand.
Only a few tears shed today. I woke up thinking about Josh, and then teared up when I was telling some friends about the weekend. I know that my sorrow will get easier, but I think Amanda's will get worse. She is shouldering all the responsibility for the kids, the house, and working. She hopes to begin cosmetology school in July or August, so that will be a good challenge to keep her mind off Josh's absence.
Even though I told myself that I wouldn't listen to any more sad songs, I heard "Keep It Between the Lines" this morning on the way to work. Boy is that song a tear jerker. I think I will have to find a good rap station. At least I can't understand the words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment