Monday, October 10, 2011

Bucket List

Do you have a bucket list? I never really thought too much about having a wish list of places to see and things to do before I leave this good earth. But having just turned 54, the realization has hit that most likely I have lived at least 2/3rds of my life. I am in good health and have limited responsibilities (children are grown and gone), so this is the time to start marking the items off my list. Trouble is, I don't really have a list yet. So, not wanting to get the horse before the cart, I need to actually make a list. Here goes an attempt to organize my random thoughts on things I would like to do before I expire:
Visit Alaska/preferably on a cruise ship, so I can take care of two desires in one trip. I never really thought much about Alaska until family and friends journeyed there and told of the raw beauty of the country. I hope to convince Randy to go next year.
Learn more about gardening. I am ashamed to admit that I have a horribly brown thumb. I grew up helping garden and grow flowers. But somehow it all went wrong! Randy and I are taking baby steps to green up our lives. . . needless to say, we have a long way to go!
Fit into the same jeans I wore in college. . . I won't say how long that will take me, but I have a ways to go. I would also love to walk a half marathon. These items also go together, but it is much easier to write about them than to do them!
Stroll the San Antonio River Walk. I have been to the Branson riverwalk, but the festiveness of San Antonio appeals to me.
Visit Oregon with my husband. He talks with the fondest of memories of spending time on Crater Lake as a child. . . I would love to re-experience it with him.
Put together a book of memories for my children and grandchildren. I think I am actually working on this with my blog. I just need to get it on paper so they can look through it and remember. . .
I think this is a very doable list to have. I may add more later. What is on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment