Saturday, April 9, 2011

Book Signing

In 2004, Doc Blackmore went to Colorado on a hunting expedition. During the trip, he had a tragic bicycle accident and became a parapalegic, vent dependent person. For five years, Doc, his wife Cindy and their three children "journeyed" through life, surviving and inspiring others through prayer, presentations and example. In 2009, Doc passed away, leaving a legacy of love, courage and strength. Cindy has written two books describing their 5 years. The first is "The Journal of the Journey, Five Years with Doc and Cindy Blackmore". The other is "Remember to Laugh. The Story of Doc and Cindy Blackmore". I attended the book signing today at our local library. Doc was a friend and co-worker of my husbands. I bought both books, and I hope to read them soon. After reading the inscription, and a few random pages, I think I am going to have to gather my courage before I begin. If you have the chance to order this book, I can almost guarantee that you will be inspired. It is a story that has touched my life deeply and one that brings me hope in the depths and reach of human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment