Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hopeful Gardening


This weekend we took a leap of faith and decided to try to grow some garden plants from seeds. I wanted the kids to see first hand how plants are grown and what it takes to produce vegetables. I have to admit that instead of a green thumb, mine is mostly brown. But I have the heart of a gardener, just not the skill set yet. I am going to keep trying until I get it right. I grew up helping my dad plant and care for a garden. Many a summer mornings were spent picking beans and tomatoes. I am determined to expose Maddison and Mason to that same experience. So far, they love it. We had some small success last year with vegetable boxes and blueberry bushes. I will try to post more pictures when the seeds start sprouting. . . which I hope is soon!

1 comment: