Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I miss snow days! Too bad when you grow up you can't count on your job to be called off when it snows. There is 2 to 6 inches of snow forecast for this afternoon and evening, plus frigid temperatures. . . and I just want to stay home! Somehow I can't convince myself to just take a day of leave and stay home, I want the whole place to shut down. But then I begin to think about all the people (including most of my family) who have jobs where they have to keep going (power plant, railroad), and work in the cold at all times of the day and night and then I really feel bad about not wanting to go to work.
There is something about this time of year that makes me want to hibernate like a bear. Pull the covers up, cook some soup and just stay in. Maybe the bears have the right idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment