Monday, January 2, 2012

Movie Reviews!

Randy and I love going to the movies.  We recently went to see "Descendants" with George Clooney.  I enjoyed it, but Randy felt like it was a total chick flick.  He felt that the movie drug on to the point of boredom.  I enjoyed the acting and the story line.  I would recommend it with caution, since it would not be everyone's idea of entertainment.  It was a little depressing.
Yesterday we took a chance and went to see "We Bought a Zoo".   I felt like with Matt Damon in the movie, how could it be wrong?   We both really enjoyed this heartwarming story about a widowed dad and his children.  I would recommend this if you don't have to have "blood and guts" when you watch a movie.
Today we finished up our holiday movie going trilogy with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".  I was prepared for a graphic thriller, which was pretty much what I got.  The movie was 2 and 1/2 hours long and did drag a bit in places.  The acting was great and the plot kept you guessing.   Some of the scenes were disturbing.  I haven't read the book the movie is based on, but I think I will soon.
The only movie that I wanted to see, but haven't yet is "War Horse".  I will probably have to wait to rent it on RedBox when it comes out.  And speaking of Redbox, we rented, "Sarah's Key", which is based on a book I read last year.  It takes place mostly in France, covers a WWII theme, and has subtitles.  I enjoyed it, but many would not.  Randy talked me into watching "Warriors", which I thought I would hate, but really liked.  It is about a dysfunctional family and Ultimate Fighting.  The story was intense, as was some of the fighting scenes.
Tomorrow I go back to work after being off for the holidays.  I think I have seen enough movies to take me into the summer! 

1 comment:

  1. I read the books that go along with The Girls With the Dragon Tattoo, and I can assure you that the books are quite graphic. I also saw the Swedish version of the movies and they are also quite graphic.

    ReplyDelete