Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vitamins in a bowl!

Shocking, right? Who knew that I could take pictures of something besides grandkids and farm scenes?  I am pretty sure that the Pioneer Woman (or the Farm Chick) doesn't have a thing to worry about with my food blog!  This is a picture of the salad I had for supper last night.  It is made up of romaine, spinach, shredded carrots, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, chopped walnuts, feta cheese and dried cranberries.  After I put it together, it was so bright and colorful that I had to take a picture of it.  It was as good as it was colorful.  This salad is part of our New Year's "eating healthy" goal.  I added a little Vidalia Onion dressing and devoured it!  Randy had a similar salad, minus the feta cheese, green pepper and cranberries.  His was full of onion, mushrooms and some canned chicken.  Not exactly gourmet chefs in this house, but we sure got our veggies in.

No comments:

Post a Comment