Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Souper" Lunch Date!

Last week I got invited to eat lunch with Maddison in honor of "souper" readers.  We ate a bowl of turkey noodle soup and then had a few minutes to read together.  It was so great to get to see her again in the school setting.  I relish every chance to spend time with Maddison or Mason.  I know that children grow up so fast and every developmental stage needs to be enjoyed!

On Saturday, Maddie and I went to the local library and selected some books to check out.  While we were there, she informed me that she loves Jan Brett books.  I was a little surprised because she has never mentioned a "favorite" author before (except for Dr. Seuss).  Then she added that Jan Brett books were also her teacher's favorites. . .  ahhh now I understand!  Amazing how much influence a teacher can have on these young moldable minds.

1 comment: