Saturday, December 3, 2011

Just Checking In!

This is definitely a busy time of year. We finally got our tree up and a few other decorations put out. I am not one who does a lot of fancy displays at my house. We hope to put some lights on our porch and I need to get some greenery to add to my decor, but that will be about all we do to the house. I goaded Randy into helping me wrap some gifts this morning so we would have something to put under the tree. I had a surprise visit from Josh and Maddie and Mason this morning. Josh and Randy and Mason went "hunting" and Maddie and I baked some cookies, played Yahtzee and watched "Cupcake Wars". I enjoy spending time with her. She is almost like having a friend around. She is so grown up and really likes to do adult type games and activities. We often play school together, but that is one activity she will do on her own.
I am going to work on my Christmas cards and letter this afternoon, and then we have a work party tonight. Randy and I are both fighting a cold, so we probably will not be out late. Somehow the weekends just fly by these days. We have a couple of birthdays to celebrate this week, a Christmas program, a baby shower and my sister and brother in law will be in for a bit. The last few years I have had the attitude that I will do the holiday activities that I enjoy and skip the rest. There have been too many years of stress just trying to do and be everything. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment