Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Cooks Best Helpers!

The 3 most special ladies in my life took charge of Thanksgiving supper this year. All 3 are great cooks in their own right. Jessica loves to try new recipes and especially enjoys making appetizers and dips! And boy were they good! Amanda is a meat and potato kind of cook. She always makes homemade noodles and this year she tried her hand at pies. I sampled the pecan pie and it was delicious! Maddie also enjoys helping in the kitchen. She loves to set the table (with special delight in hiding her Papa's utensils and napkin!) and she will stir anything available. My role in the meal was much less this year (fruit salad, green beans and rolls) and it was probably the best meal we have ever had. Who says too many cooks spoil the broth? NOT ME! I welcome all the help I can get. It was a wonderful day spent cooking, visiting, eating and playing games. Oh, and we managed to spend a good deal of time looking over the ads. I hope your holiday was just as lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment