Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Work, work, work!

Have you ever had times in your life when your work consumes you? I think this is one of those times for me. My workload has seemed to be building quite a lot lately. Now I have two staff out for an extended period of time, and I couldn't get my work done before they were gone. When times are like this at work, I just have to pace myself and remember to leave it at work when I go home. I love my job, it is full of challenges, diversity and a sense of helping others. However, when there is so much more to do than time to do it, it can be overwhelming.

On the home front, I have to say that we had a very nice visit with Josh while he was home. Of course the time went by much too quickly, and the quality was there, even if the quantity wasn't. We spent some time outdoors and enjoyed each others company. Josh will be home again for a short visit in a month, and then he will get to come home for 2 weeks at Christmas. After the first of the year, he will have to decide if he is going back for a few more months, or if he will stay in Moberly. I think the job situation here will help him make up his mind. He sure misses his family and they miss him. But, work is work, and in these hard times, you have to go where the work is.

Funny, how so much of our lives revolve around work. Working can sure give us something to complain about! However, if you have ever not been able to work, and needed to or wanted to work, that is an awful feeling. I believe I can live with the few work problems I have, and just stay thankful that I have a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment