Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is winter over yet? Last night I got stuck in the snow AGAIN! This time it was in my driveway (which happens to be a long distance from my house) The wind was blowing and drifting the snow, and I literally "missed" the driveway opening. I decided to hunker down and wait for Randy to get home from work and rescue me. About 10 minutes into the waiting, a good samaritan and country neighbor came by. He pushed, pulled and directed me out of the snow, and into a driveway across the road. And if that wasn't enough, he took me to my front door and offered to come back later if Randy needed help getting the car "home". Well, soon Randy came home, and used his truck to break a path so my car could go through. It was another new adventure for me, one I would rather not repeat again. This morning, I sent my scout out to check the road conditions (okay, so my scout was my husband). It didn't take him long to call home and tell me that he didn't think I would make it to down the driveway, or on the road. So here I am, with a whole, unplanned day ahead of me.
If you must know, I am a planner. I can not imagine a whole day, alone without doing something productive. Here is what I decided that I will do: First, wash sheets, mattress pad and all, next make some homemade bread (a true love of mine that I haven't indulged in for months), then, I will move my old addresses to a new book. I have had this new address book for several years, and have not had the motivation to transfer information. Can you tell how desperate I am? Then there is always the need to clean. . . which will be easy to push back, way back so that I may actually run out of time for this chore.
Oh, and to ease my guilt at missing work (I know, but I can't help it, my parents were both educators and "calling in" was not an option!), I am going to participate in a work related conference call, from home, in my pj's. Now that is a first!
I wonder if the measure of a woman's life can be gauged by the activities she does on a day like today. And if so, what does that say about my life?
Of course with the whole day in front of me, I may be visiting my blog several more times. Now that is something to look forward to! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment