Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Scene

I don't know about you, but this will be a familiar scene for us this summer.  The kids love to play in water, especially the hose.  They enjoyed their first spray fest of the season recently after planting garden with us.
I have to admit that the reason I posted this picture today is that I did not take pictures on Mother's Day (okay, one picture of Maddie and Amanda at the race).  We had a great day, which started off with a 5K walk/run for breast cancer.  Maddison and I walked (l hour and 4 minutes), while Amanda ran (30 minutes).  After the race, I stopped by and visited with my Dad and Martha. When I got home the kids and their families came out and we had a wonderful lunch, followed by a family gardening event.  We now have potatoes, watermelon, cantalope, tomotoes and peppers planted.  In a few weeks we will add pumpkin and maybe squash.  I had tons of photo opportunities during the day, but I decided I wanted to enjoy the day without any distractions of an electronic nature.  The weather was amazing as was the time with the family.  It was one of the best Mother's Days I have ever spent.  I hope everyone else had the same kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment