Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Race is On!

This is a picture of Maddison and Amanda from the  Mother's Day 5K 2011.  Amanda ran the 5K, and Maddie and I walked.  Maddie wasn't sure what a 5K was, and about 5 minutes into it asked "are we about done?"  She finished the race with me (we walked), but it was a struggle for her (she fell and hurt her knee, which didn't help!).  So, this year, I decided to not particpate in the race and give it a try in another year or so.  However, Maddie called me last night and asked me to join her in the race.  No way I could turn that down.  She apparantly remembered the race and enjoyed it enough to want to do it again.  So in a little bit, I am going to make my way to the race and see what happens.  What a nice way to start Mother's Day.  The race raises money and awareness for breast cancer prevention, which is a cause near and dear to my heart.  Wish us luck! 
Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment