Friday, April 20, 2012

The Great Scavenger Hunt!

Mason and Maddison fill their bags with goodies from the scavenger hunt.

Mason is getting a little help from Maddison reading the clues.  Jessica and Scott drew Mason a map since he is not a reader yet.
A few years back, Randy spent the Easter holiday in the hospital with an undiagnosed infection.  It was a sad day for our family, so we made the best of it and changed the egg hunt to a scavenger hunt and we have been doing that ever since (I think this was year # 4).  My very creative daughter and son in law put together a series of clues (in poetic form) and drew a detailed map and sent Maddison and Mason on a hunt to find treasures around our farm.  It was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time.  The hunt's climax was two new bikes in the back of Papa's pick up truck. 

I ran into my parents at the store today, and Martha (my step-mom), mentioned that I have been absent from my blog lately.  I told her that I have been frustrated with errors when I try to down load photos here.  Does anyone else have that problem?  It downloads 2 photos fine, but will not do any more. 

I will try to be more regular, and I have several blogs in my brain, but I just need to exercise more patience and limit my photos to just 2.  What a drag!

No comments:

Post a Comment