Saturday, March 10, 2012

A few of my favorite. . . . people!

 My father and his wife, Martha are "forever young"!  They are the ring leaders of our large family organization and model successful living to the rest of us!
 The hostessess with the mostessess (or something like that!) are my sister, Debbie and her husband, Mike.  They put on quite a party and are the kind of family that are there when you need them NOT MATTER WHAT!
My eternally young brother, David and his equally as young wife Kathy add some class to our group.  They keep us up to date in the world of music and wine (okay, most of us are hopeless at both, but they keep trying!).

Together, these three couples link my past to my present and future.  They are always there for me when I need them, make me laugh when I don't think I can and provide the support and encouragment only a family can give.  We get together about 3 or 4 times a year, with our children and their children (no small task, since we are a group of almost 30!).  I know that my mom is in heaven smiling when we are all together.  She would have wanted us to stay close and support each other.  Thanks Mom for giving us such a strong and loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment