Sunday, June 17, 2012

What I would miss. . . .

What a wonderful day we had today.  I got to visit with my Dad and Martha and wish him a Happy Father's Day.  Then the kids were out to spend some time with Randy.  After everyone left, I finished up some chores and spent some quiet time on the front porch while Randy mowed.  This is the first time all summer that I have sat on our front porch until dark, and it was wonderful!  The temperature was perfect, the sky was tinted pink with the sunset and the birds were chirping.  And for whatever reason, the mosquitos were leaving me alone.  It gave me some time to just think.  I thought I would share some of my thoughts with you.

What I would miss if today was my last day on earth:

I would miss holding hands with my husband and getting that surprise hug while I fix supper.

I would miss chatting with my daughter and enjoying her quick wit and sense of humor.

I would miss watching my son with his children and admiring the kind parenting he practices.

I would miss Amanda's energy and her confident approach to life.

I would miss conversing with Scott about many abstract subjects.

And oh my, would I miss the sweet smiles and laughs of my grandson and
granddaughter. 

The extended family get togethers would be missed and the feeling of support and comfort from knowing so many love me.  I would miss conversations with my siblings that start with "do you remember when. . ."

The sky, the trees, the sound of birds singing and the noise a hummingbird makes when he flies.   The sun rising with the wonders of a new day and setting with the close of a completed one.  The wind blowing on my face as we take a drive down a country road.  Listening to the rain fall from the leaves and the possiblity of seeing a rainbow.  Being at home when it snows, reading a good book, listening to amazing music. 

What would you miss if this were your last day on earth?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment