Monday, February 6, 2012

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Maddison surprised me on Saturday with an early Valentine's Day card.  Her little message really touched my heart.  To celebrate the message, we had chocolate chip pancakes and then went for a long walk!  I, too, wish she was my "naber"!
Mason was my kitchen helper this weekend.  We tried several new recipes.  The kids are enjoying some of the 3-2-1 cake Mason helped me make.  You take 2 cake mixes (see below), one has to be an angel food cake mix.  Mix them together (dry) in a bowl or bag.  Take 3 tablespoons of the mix, add 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 minute.  Pretty darn good little cake!  We added some whipped topping and the kids loved it!  I also tried a recipe from Pinterest.  To 1 lemon cake mix, add 1 20 ounce bottle of diet 7 up, mix and cook for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  I took this to a get together on Saturday evening and it was a big hit.  The cake was VERY moist and lemony!

1 comment:

  1. I love pinterest. Such great ideas that are shared. The 7-up cake sounds great.

    ReplyDelete