Friday, February 8, 2013

Smiles


It has been gloomy around here on the weekends, so the kids have been getting creative in the house.  They love to build a fort/tent/store/school with blankets and chairs.  I snapped the bottom photo after they pulled the dining room chairs, blankets and pillows into the sun room and set up shop.  I love to see the kids smile.  They are growing up so fast it makes me a bit sad.  We sorted through the art kit tonight, at Maddison's request and she had me get rid of several coloring books because they were "for babies".  For many years Maddie and I would sit at the bar and color or draw.  It was one of our favorite things to do.  I hate to think that those days are gone now.  We have had fun playing card games and had a long game of Uno tonight and a brief game of Old Maid.  It is becoming a tradition to have the kids spend Friday night with us.  I really look forward to this weekly event!

No comments:

Post a Comment