Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wow. I can't believe that I have not written in over a month. It has been busy around here lately. We just got back from a trip to Florida and in the same weekend helped load our daughter and son-in-laws worldly possessions on a truck and move back to Moberly. The final move won't happen until the end of the week, but the bulk of their home is now in a storage building in Moberly. They will be staying with us for a few weeks while they wait for their renters to vacate their home. It is amazing how people scatter when you say the four letter word, M-O-V-E! We were fortunate to have our son, Josh help. Scott and Jessica made the move easier by having everything packed and waiting at the door. All in all, it turned out to be much quicker and easier than I thought (of course I wasn't the one actually moving much). Anytime something like this happens, you really get a strong sense of how important it is for family to support each other. It takes a lot of effort to give of yourself, but the rewards are many. I am guilty of not doing enough for others. I know I help my immediate family, but finding the time to reach out past that is difficult. After the recent move, I reminded myself of the importance of being a better sister, daughter, and friend to others in need. I will have to work on this. I know that any help others have given to me or my family has always been appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment